Architectural Engineer/Project Engineer
Post date: May 16, 2022
Based on experience
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
Seeking an Architectural Engineer/Project Engineer to support the development of Detail Design, Procurement, and Construction of the Buildings within the RLPP project. The Project also includes an Ethylene Unit, Polyethylene Units, Product Bagging, Port infrastructure, and associated utilities. This position will be located long term in either Asia or Europe (~18 Months), after which mobilizing to Qatar through the completion of the project. The total duration for this assignment is expected to be 46 months.
The Architectural Engineer/Project Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Interface with the EPC Contractor providing technical guidance and coordinating resolution of technical issues, throughout the EPC phase of the project.
• Actively participate in Detailed Design, Procurement, and support the project team during Construction and Startup phases of the project.
• Ensure Building design and construction is adhering to the following:
o Safety of personnel and facility.
o Specifications, standards, and Contract documents.
o Alignment with Fire Prevention and Process Safety.
o Requirements of the Operations and maintenance team.
• Act as the primary contact for all Building scope of work with Contractor.
• Participate in constructability value improvement reviews.
• Participate in and/or lead Building completion audits.
• Review and approve construction information requests (RFI).
• Review and comment on Contractor change requests.
• Champion behavioral safety programs, process safety programs, and diversity & inclusion initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering or similar.
• Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience of leading/working on large/mega EPC projects in a role of Architectural Engineer/Project Engineer, overseeing design and construction of buildings within similar industries to the RLPP Project, with Control Room, Laboratory, and Administration buildings experience a plus.
• Strong commitment to personnel and process safety.
• Knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards.
• Middle East experience is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, teamwork, leadership, and customer focus.